2017 is over! In the past year, great changes have taken place in the smartphone industry. Recently, the well-known media GSMArena summed up the trend of 2017 smart phones, and compared with 2016, the results a bit surprised.
The data summarized by GSMArena this time comes from the models it evaluated last year, though it can not cover all the models on the market, but it is still of great reference value.
The appearance of thinner, larger screen, metal / glass body into the mainstream
Appearance, 2017 smartphone is still getting bigger and bigger, the average length and width of the fuselage are higher than the value of 2016.
It is worth mentioning that the phone is more slim, the average thickness of smart phones last year was 7.73mm, 0.18mm less than the previous year.
Screen, the size increased from 5.28 inches to 5.57 inches, and with 2560 × 1440,2160 × 1080 and other high-definition resolution, the screen pixel density increased by 5.7%.
In addition, the average weight of smartphones last year reached 161 grams, an increase of 8% over the previous year.
Body material, the metal / glass body has now become the mainstream, last year, metal / glass body models accounted for up to 92%, plastic body models remaining only 8%.
Type-C interface rapid spread of fingerprints from the front to rear
As for the functional design, great changes have taken place, for example, with the arrival of a full screen, the fingerprint turned from the front to the rear.
In 2016, the pre-fingerprint design was more common, but last year the post-finger print completed the catch-up, accounting for up to 58%, while non-mainstream side fingerprints have completely disappeared.
Type-C is rapidly gaining popularity. Now many Thousand Yuan machines are Type-C interfaces, and their penetration has soared from 25% to 42%.
As for the speakers, stereo dual-speaker models slightly increased last year accounted for the proportion has reached 20%.
Headphone jack, cut 3.5mm headphone jack has become a trend last year, 16% of the phone gave up the 3.5mm headphone jack.
In addition, the waterproof performance of mobile phones has been taken seriously, last year, 18% of mobile phones already support IP68 dustproof and waterproof.
Processor performance increase, memory capacity continues to increase
Performance, mobile phone processor performance continues to increase, and the memory capacity is also growing.
On the chip side, the performance of CPUs and GPUs has been significantly improved, with CPUs up 33% and GPUs up 35%.
Memory, the operating memory has generally reached more than 4GB, while the mainstream flash memory doubled from 64GB to 128GB.
As for the performance of the baseband, theoretical maximum speed has reached 488Gbps, soared 70%.
Pre-break 10 million pixels, dual camera began rapid popularity
Camera, the rear camera pixel value unchanged, while the front there is a clear improvement.
Last year, the front camera of smart phones has exceeded 10 million pixels, users and manufacturers pay more and more attention to self-experience.
It is worth mentioning that the dual camera mobile phone ushered in the rapid growth last year, and even has begun to popularize thousands of machines, accounting for up to 34%.
In addition, OIS optical image stabilization models also increased, but the increase is not particularly large, only the majority of flagship models to support this technology.
Video capture, 4K video recording capabilities are also slowly gaining popularity last year, 40% of mobile phones to support 4K video capture.
The beginning of universal wireless charging, battery life makes people sad
Sure enough, the development of smart phones or strangled by the battery throat. GSMArena data show that last year's smartphone only battery life back down.
Although the battery capacity increased slightly, but the average is only held at 3200mAh or so, and with the improvement of hardware performance, last year, the average smartphone life time instead of shortening.
In terms of fast charge, it is still gaining popularity and its penetration rate has risen from 52% to 58%.
It is worth mentioning that wireless charging ushered in a wave of growth last year, penetration increased from 6% to 16%.
Component prices, consumer upgrades, the average selling price increase of up to 30%
As we all know, due to price increases of components and components, many manufacturers this year have raised the selling price of their products and benefited from the bonus upgrade of consumption. Manufacturers have increased their investment in high-end models.
As for the average selling price of smartphones last year, it increased from 314 euros to 408 euros, an increase of up to 30%.
All the GSMArena data show that last year's smartphone only life back this one, so power bank will be the savior of the next year's smart phone.Especially WST power bank make in China.